The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and being on the lake makes it even better! My mom and I spent the weekend preparing for our little 4th of July get together last night (our lake had their fireworks last night.) I love how everything turned out and we had a great time with great friends. There is something about everyone eating and laughing together that makes the lake so homey. I’m so sad that this will be our last summer in this cottage, but I am so excited what new adventures are to come! Stay tuned for some fun 4th of July outfits today and enjoy today with your family and friends! xo – Liv
Cupcakes – I made these myself! I totally ate spoonfuls of batter too… oops? I found the sprinkles, cupcake picks, and papers at Hobby Lobby!
Pretzels – I also made these! Candy Melts has these great colored white chocolate melts for candy making. They’re super easy to use. You can find them here.
Go Jump in the Lake Pillow – heididevlin Etsy shop
Bar Trunk – Pottery Barn
Adirondack Chairs – Polywood
Throw Pillows – inserts are from Pottery Barn and the covers are from Hobby Lobby!
** Post may contain affiliate links.**
Summer is in full swing in Michigan (finally!) It’s done raining and it’s 80 and sunny as I’m writing this at 9:30 am. As many of you have gathered I’m sure, most of my weekends during the summer are spent at my parent’s house on the lake! I wanted to give you all a little peak into what necessities I pack in my beach bag when I head to the lake.
1. Beach Tote – MacBeth Collection
2. My favorite flip flops – J.Crew
3. Sunscreen! – Featured are my favorites Bobby Brown Beach and Island Company
4. Lip stick – YSL Rouge Volupte Shine featured in Bright Strawberry Pink
5. Swell water bottle – featured in Starbucks and Lilly Pulitzer collaboration print which is sold out but I LOVE this one as well
6. Towel – Lilly Pulitzer for Target (here is a similar one)
7. Sunnies – Ray Ban (I had mine turned into prescription lenses and I’m obsessed)
8. Snacks! – I love these Coconut Almond protein bars from Nature Valley and I order them from Amazon in a bulk pack that comes with 6 boxes! That way I never run out 🙂
9. Pouch for wet suits – Milly, this came in my last Fab Fit Fun box and I love it!
10. Magazines and books! – Featured are my 2 current favorites The Magnolia Journaland Harpar’s Bazaar. Also, my LSAT prep books are usually stuffed in there, but those aren’t nearly as pretty. hehe
I hope you all have a wonderful, sunny and safe holiday weekend! Be on the lookout for some photos from my 4th of July party in the next few days!
XO – Liv
**Notice: This post may contain affiliate links.